By participating in The Helping Creatives Community, you agreed to abide by our Code of Conduct. Abusing these guidelines may result in your removal from the community without notice or refund.
Helping Creatives is a professional space where creative professionals working as a freelancer, contractor or consultant can gather, connect, and learn without fear of harassment, prejudice, or discrimination. To that end, we enforce the following rules, and by joining this community you agree to adhere to these rules or face removal from the community. First and foremost, we ensure that our community remains a welcoming, safe space for creative professionals.
We as members, contributors, and leaders pledge to make participation in our community a harassment-free experience for everyone, regardless of age, body size, visible or invisible disability, ethnicity, sex characteristics, gender identity and expression, level of experience, education, socio-economic status, nationality, personal appearance, race, caste, color, religion, or sexual identity and orientation. We pledge to act and interact in ways that contribute to an open, welcoming, diverse, inclusive, and healthy community.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
• Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward other people.
• Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences.
• Giving and gracefully accepting constructive feedback.
• Accepting responsibility and apologizing to those affected by our mistakes, and learning from the experience.
• Focusing on what is best not just for us as individuals, but for the overall community.
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
• The use of sexualized language or imagery, and sexual attention or advances of any kind.Trolling, insulting or derogatory comments, and personal or political attacks.
• Public or private harassment. This includes discriminatory or prejudicial comments.Sharing, discussing or disclosing any information discussed on community calls outside of the call.Publishing others' private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission.
• Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting.
We also enforce the following rules to ensure members feel comfortable being open and vulnerable in the questions they ask and the relationships they build in the community:No spammy behavior.
• Light self-promotion is totally fine, but you can't constantly promote your business/podcast/etc. Participate organically!
• No straight-up marketing, please. Again, participate organically!
• No random links to non-community stuff (unless in designated channels).
Strict No Vendor Policy. Vendors must identify themselves as such and do not solicit business
• If you work for a platform or tool that would reasonably be used by a creative professional, you must indicate on your profile that you are an employee there.Vendors may not reach out to members in comments or DMs unless explicitly invited to do so by the member.
Keep it on-topic
• This is primarily a place for individuals in a creative journey to talk about how we can support each other. Weekly calls will be kept on topic to ensure respect for everyone’s time.
• Off topic discussions during calls will be stopped and redirected back to the discussion topic.
• Top-level comments should be made in the appropriate channel; if an off-topic comment is posted it will be removed.
Use real names, companies and pictures
• Pseudonymous communities are great and have their place. This is a space for meeting others and building professional relationships, with small group calls. Real names, cameras and companies should be used during the calls.
Keep it above board
• Don't post, share, or solicit illegal content.
What happens in calls, stays in calls
• This is a space to build trust and share some difficult things involved in a solo creative journey. Confidential and/or personal information may be intentionally or unintentionally disclosed during a call. That information stays with that call and is not to be shared. Don’t share anything discussed during the calls. This includes social media, email, subtweets, or comments to others not in the community.
• Calls will not be recorded and note taking apps will be removed without refund.
Don't be a jerk
• If you're found to be harassing or being a jerk to anyone else in our community, you're outta here.
• We know that political discourse, especially now, is extremely important. This rule isn't meant to stifle beliefs or ideals, it's simply meant to avoid intense, heated political discussions in our community.
This is not a marketplace
• We're not here for you to sell things through our community.
If you are found in violation of the above Code of Conduct or any of the additional community rules, you will receive a warning about your behavior. Additional instances of rule-breaking will be met with your immediate removal from the community without refund. If your behavior is abusive, unacceptable or you use our community for illegal activities, you will be immediately removed from the community without notice or refund.
If you find someone in violation of our community Code of Conduct or rules, please send an email to Sara at helpingcreatives(at)saranosocks(dot)com. Where possible, please all information regarding the violation and when applicable, include a direct link to the violation and/or a screenshot.